Our Asbestos Awareness Training course is designed to provide awareness and develop the knowledge amongst employees as regards the hazards and risks posed by asbestos containing materials (ACMs). The course further gives an overview of the legislative measures in place to permit employees to safeguard themselves and others affected by work activities.
On completion of the course there will be a nationally recognised certificate from UKATA which lasts for 1 year from the date of the course.
What will you learn?
On successful completion of this course, delegates should be able to:
- Have an increased awareness of the nature and properties of asbestos and its effects on health, including the increased risk of lung cancer for asbestos workers who smoke;
- Be familiar with the types, uses and likely occurrences of asbestos in buildings and where appropriate items of plant;
- Know how to avoid the risks from asbestos by understanding;
- Where to obtain information on asbestos in premises prior to commencing work;
- What to do if suspicious materials are found;
- How to use appropriate workplace precautions, including the risk assessment process, or seek advice on workplace precautions, in respect of the risks of asbestos;
- Undertake work activities in a safe manner and without risk to themselves or others.
- Have an awareness of the key aspects of the asbestos regulations and how they fit into the broader context of health and safety legislation.
- Procedures to be followed when coming into unintentional contact with ACMs and an understanding of the appropriate emergency arrangements.
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at those in control of buildings or who may come into contact with suspected asbestos materials during the course of their day to day work. Supervisors and trades personnel, including trainees such as but not limited to: demolition workers, construction workers, general maintenance staff, electricians, plumbers, gas fitters, painters and decorators, joiners, plasterers, roofers, heating and ventilation engineers, telecommunication engineers, fire and burglar alarm installers, computer installers, architects, building surveyors, shopfitters and other such professionals.
Why choose us?
Pennington Choices tailor this course to the needs of the attendees and ensure that its delivery is carried out in such a way to ensure that all attendees can easily understand what asbestos is, where it is used, how to treat it and how to safely complete their work without fear of asbestos exposure.
Virtual £349 initial cost plus £15 per person + VAT
Classroom £549 + VAT