As disrepair cases continue to rise, our expert team of consultants breakdown what your legal obligations are as a landlord, the financial and wider impacts to the organisation, as well as practical steps you can take to prevent disrepair claims.
Upon completion of the course delegates will receive a continuing professional development (CPD) certificate.
Who is this course for?
This course is aimed at repairs, legal, asset management, finance, surveyors and inspectors, directors and heads of services.
What will you learn?
Understanding of your legal obligation as a landlord around disrepair
- What is disrepair/what can it mean?
- Understanding of legal obligations as a landlord
- Practical steps to prevent disrepair claims (Landlord and Tenant Act, Home (Fitness for Human Habitation) Act
- Steps/actions to take to prevent possible claims
- Homes Act, S11
- LA enforcement
- Financial implications, reputational risk
- Dampness and condensation
- What to do if you receive a claim
- Pre-Action Protocol for Housing Conditions Claims (England)
- Boxing clever to deal with solicitors
- Root cause analysis and actions
Why choose us?
We have practical experience of delivery at both operational and managerial level, across a number of service areas who are involved in the disrepair claims process. We support clients with expert witness advice and surveying advice to manage disrepair claims. We have experience of reducing the number and value of claims.
Courses places - £175 per person + VAT